Central is currently recruiting for a Support Worker, to work in the Camden area. The service is an all-male hostel providing temporary accommodation and support for single homeless men with a broad range of support needs, including substance misuse, mental ill-health and those under MAPPA.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday – Sunday on a rota basis, covering early (8AM – 4PM), mid (10AM – 6PM) and late (12PM – 8PM) shifts. There is a requirement to work one 7 day week in a month. Cover is required for until May 2022. The pay rate for this role is £13.14 per hour, with £1.91 holiday pay, totalling £15.05 per hour.
In this position, you will be expected to:
* Hold a caseload of key clients and conduct regular key working sessions to assess their housing, health and support requirements and jointly agree strategies to enable these needs to be addressed
* Complete comprehensive risk and needs assessments as well as Support Plans
* To assess referrals according to agreed policies and procedures
* To be responsible for the security of the building and the safety of residents and to do regular house rounds
* To arrange lettings and to ensure the occupancy agreement and all relevant policies and procedures are explained to new residents
* To offer advice and support to enable residents to achieve maximum benefit from their stay and successfully maintain their accommodation
* To refer residents to in-house and external specialist services where appropriate
* To give welfare rights advice and act as an advocate when dealing with the Benefits Agency and Local Authority
* To individually assess residents for resettlement and help residents to move into more suitable accommodation
To apply for this role, you must have experience working with clients who experience multiple disadvantages such as homelessness, mental health, substance use and those under MAPPA. You must also have experience holding a caseload and completing needs and risk assessments.
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, with interviews scheduled shortly after and the appointed candidate expected to start at the beginning of October.
In order to register with Central Recruitment Services for temporary agency work, candidates must meet the following criteria:
* Current valid right to work in the UK
* Minimum 12 months’ of paid experience in a front line social care role within the last 3 years* (unless recruitment criteria states otherwise)
* A fully enhanced DBS either registered on the DBS update service or willingness to apply for one through Central (at a cost of £44)
* Employment or education history to cover the last 5 years which can be verified through the referencing process
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration.
*Please note the outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria, and we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position