I am delighted to be working the one of the leading Jersey wear suppliers to the fashion high street and supermarkets. They are actively looking to recruit an experienced Senior Womens and Kids Jersey wear Designer to work on their two of their largest Accounts. You will cover all areas of the jersey Dept to include jersey basics, jersey fashion, leisure, lounge and activewear.
* KEY RESPONSIBLITIES
* In depth trend research from catwalk to high street competitors.
* create commercial designs which focus on the buyer’s needs.
* build strong relationships with the buyers through presentation of designs.
* constant communication with TK office to ensure the handover of designs and samples requests are communicated to the highest level.
* create in-depth tech packs and specifications of all design that are to be samples
* international travel for design inspiration / buyers’ meetings / and factory visits
* High level of Adobe CAD skills ( interest in 3D CAD design a plus ) any CLO3D experience a PLUS
* Fully mac literate including Microsoft office
* Must have a good creative, yet commercial eye
* solid supplier experience working for mid-market retailers and supermarkets.
* Excellent technical knowledge of casual jersey garments, including fashion tops, bottoms, dresses, sweat and active,
* High level of confidence in verbal presentation that will instigate new sales and install trust with the buyers.
* Must be innovative and able to problem solve, be adaptable as well as work in a fast paced and pressured environment
* Able to work as part of a team as well as showing own initiative
* Good understanding of business strategy and its needs