Nursery Room Leader – Baby Room
Shiraka is currently recruiting for an experienced Nursery Room Leader or Senior Nursery Nurse to join a fantastic Children Nursery in Brixton. This Nursery cares for children from babies to 5 years and this role is based in the Baby Room. This setting has a capacity for around 40 total children in total, with 12 babies in the Baby Room.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of Level 3 Early Years qualification and previous experience as a Senior Nursery Nurse or Room Leader. If you have a solid track record as a Nursery Nurse then you will also be considered.
For the successful candidate there is the option to work 4 days a week doing 37.5 hours or 5 days a week doing 40 hours. Salary is also competitive and negotiable.
Baby Nursery Room Leader Duties include but not limited to:
* viewing planning sheets and record keeping of all the staff in your room
* Ensuring routines are being followed and run smoothly
* Ensuring new decisions are taken on board and maintained in the room at all times
* Ensuring that all policies and procedures are being followed by all staff
* Being an excellent role model to the other staff in your room
Baby Nursery Room Leader Requirements:
* Minimum Level 3 qualification in childcare education
* Experience of providing play and learning opportunities for children.
* Good interpersonal skills and an ability to be organised and efficient
* The ability to support trainees through mentoring and coaching
* Acting as Key-worker and to observe
* A working knowledge of the Children’s Act.
* Experience working with toddlers or pre school
* Good communication skills both with children and parents
* Ability to form good interactions with children and use own initiative
* Knowledge of Ofsted requirements and the EYFS is a must
* 20 days holiday
* Option to work 4 days or 5 days a week
* Excellent career opportunities and support
* Further training if required
* Excellent support and career development guidance
If this is of interest to you then please apply here and we will be in touch