Head of Finance
Salary £70,000 – £75,000 per annum
* Are you an experienced leader with a track record of working with senior leadership teams and board committees?
* Do you work with pace to deliver outcomes and manage high performing teams?
* Are you committed to ongoing improvements and efficiencies?
This is an exciting opportunity to join our membership based organisation who are looking to recruit an experienced Head of Finance to provide effective leadership whilst striving to support the delivery of their strategic plans.
The Head of Finance leads the Finance function and is responsible for finance operations, financial accounting and reporting, financial management and control, financial planning & analysis and Treasury.
The Head of Finance will develop financial policies, maintain the system of internal financial control in accordance with the Financial Regulations, support Council and Committees, and represent the organisation with external stakeholders.
Oversight of corporate procurement is currently also within the scope of this role.
Main Duties & Key Responsibilities
* Responsible for production of the Annual Report and Accounts liaising with external auditors
* Responsible for developing and maintaining financial policies and procedures and maintaining an effective system of internal financial control
* Support the Executive Director of Corporate Services in development of the Medium-Term Financial Strategy
* Support the Executive Director of Corporate Service on the Fee Income Strategy
* Responsible for the annual budget setting and in-year monitoring processes
* Oversee cash flow and treasury management • Ensure cash is managed within approved Treasury Management and Investment policies and procedures
* Ensure our financial policies are appropriate and reflect best practice
* Provide expert financial advice to Council and its Committees as appropriate
* Ensure that recommendations made by internal audit, external audit and the National Audit Office are implemented appropriately and in timely manner
* Oversee the procurement function and ensure that effective procurement policies, systems and procedures to provide the highest levels of probity, legal compliance and value for money
* Perform the duties expected of a senior manager
* Lead, manage and motivate team the Finance team
Candidates will be CCAB qualified and have recent experience working in a membership organisation.
For further information please contact Kurt Rimell-Lejeune or Andrew Vaughan at CY Executive Resourcing Limited