My client provides the full range of professional cleaning services across the UK. Their client base includes some of the largest purchasers of facilities management services in the country: from global business brands and city firms in the private sector, to local educational facilities in the public sector. They have built a reputation for reliability, service excellence and a passion for getting things done. Working together, they pride themselves on listening to clients values then designing and delivering a bespoke integrated service.
As part of their continued growth, they are looking for an established Estimator from a Facilities Management background (soft services) to join the team. This role is perfect for an established Estimator looking to join a fast-growing company where they can progress their career further.
The main purpose of this role is to lead the pricing function with robust, competitive and innovative pricing solutions for their soft service contracts. You will be developing pricing models and successfully working alongside the business development team to achieve company sales and bidding targets.
* Develop market leading pricing and FM delivery solutions for all soft services bidding opportunities
* Lead the pricing function for the bidding function to ensure creative, competitive, and innovative bids are delivered to existing and future clients
* Take full ownership of the costing models for each bidding opportunity working alongside the bid and business development team and presenting to the Group Sales Director/Board
* Proactively conduct market research and competitor analysis to develop win strategies and bid plans, bring ideas and fresh thinking to the department and to identify future opportunities and leads
* Understand the commercial and contractual terms of each bidding opportunity and ensure commercial risks are identified and quantified within the cost model
* Maintain client cost models, updating as required to ensure wage rates, NI and pensions etc are in-line with statutory and regulatory requirements
* Assist the business development team by attending client site visits and surveys
* Caveat all bidding assumption within the cost model
* Assess all bid opportunities with the Group Sales Director to estimate win probability
* Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer and contractual issues are raised and flagged
* Create P&L forecast for each bidding opportunity
To apply you must have 2-3 years' experience as an Estimator in FM services, ideally Soft FM. with a proven track record within the facilities management sectors. You must have an in depth understanding of the commercial tendering process and procedure and have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel. You must be able to manage numerous Contracts / Projects, have keen eye for detail, good analytical skills to aid in the review of data and be able to work to tight and strict deadlines
In return you will be offered a generous basic salary which is dependent on experience, car allowance, pension, 28 days holiday