We are working with a great private hospital in London who are recruiting for an experienced Anesthetic Practitioner to join them in their theatre department.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week.
Shifts: Shifts are Earlies & lates (7:30am – 3:30pm & 1:30pm – 9:30pm), and includes Saturday shifts.
Anaesthetic Nurse Job Description:
* To support in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department.
* Provide quality planned care for patients during their perioperative phase of care.
* Assist in the delivery of patient care
* Contribute to quality improvement
* Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
* Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
* Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
* Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
* Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration.
* 1-3 years post graduate experience in operating theatres covering Anaesthetics.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures.
* Coordinate the use of the supplies and equipment during an operating list ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner.
* Conduct mandatory patient checks against the supporting documentation at appropriate times during the patients perioperative journey
* Act in the role of the scrub practitioner, undertaking all activities within that role in a professional and proficient manner. To include but not limited to mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure
* Assist in the safe transfer and positioning of the patient.
* Act in the circulating role, undertaking all activities within that role in a professional and proficient manner.
Experienced Anaesthetic nurses apply today to secure a quick interview